Toxic black mold or black mold is a name commonly used for Stachybotrys chartarum. Black mold is infamous because it can easily grow in houses and is extremely dangerous to humans. Stachybotrys is known as a toxic mold because it produces toxins called mycotoxins. Any mold in your home or business should be treated with caution – stay out of affected areas and don’t touch or disturb the mold.
Toxic black mold is a greenish-black gelatinous mold which is usually slimy due to a wet layer on top. However, if a toxic black mold colony’s water source runs out it can appear dry and powdery.
Many types of mold can produce allergens and irritants. In most instances, many types of mold are present in the same home/business/structure. If you see signs of mold, contact All Island Cleaning Corp. immediately to diagnose and remediate the problem.