Mold Damage Tips

In as quickly as 48-72 hours, mold and mildew can become a problem in your home or business with the introduction of a water source (pipe/roof leak, storm damage, flood, etc.). Mold and mildew removal is essential for maintaining your health. People who are particularly vulnerable to black mold and mildew illnesses are infants, children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with compromised immune systems and respiratory problems. Reported adverse health effects from mold and mildew include recurring nosebleeds, headaches, rashes, extreme fatigue, dizziness, memory loss, asthma, and intestinal distress.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know I have been exposed to mold?

If you’re experiencing any of the symptoms above and suspect that it may be a mold problem, call the professionals at All Island Cleaning Corp. immediately to inspect, assess, and resolve the problem.

Even though I don’t see any mold, I can smell it, is this dangerous?

Yes. Toxic black mold releases dangerous spores and mycotoxins into the air which are responsible for the adverse health effects described above. All Island Cleaning Corp. professionals will do initial air quality testing and air filtration to assure that toxic spores and mycotoxins are no longer present in your home or business.

How can I prevent mold in future?

Mold can be prevented by minimizing the moisture in your home or business. Mold relies on excessive moisture or a water source to grow and live. Purchasing dehumidifiers and regularly inspecting troublesome areas for mold growth will greatly reduce your chances of having a problem.

If you see signs of mold, call us any time 24/7 – 631-698-6250