What You Can Do Until Help Arrives
After any fire damage situation, your immediate focus should be on safety:
- Is it safe to occupy the property? If the structural integrity of the property is unknown or if there is any damage to the floors/ceilings, do not occupy the property.
- Electrical, or slip and fall hazards are of particular danger.
- Do not try to repair/clean/restore yourself. Call the professionals at All Island Cleaning Corp.
- If the temperature outside is warm enough, leave windows open to air out the property.
- Do not wash walls, as this may compound soot making it harder to restore.
- Water damaged materials can be very heavy and can grow mold in as little as 48 hours. If there is water damage, contact the professionals at All Island Cleaning Corp. immediately.
If your home or business has suffered fire damage, contact us any time 24/7 – 631-698-6250